Thursday, August 22, 2013

Practice Blog Post

     My name is Calah Reynolds and I am from Birmingham, Alabama. The only two places I have lived my whole life have been Birmingham and Mobile. I moved to Mobile last fall to start school at the University of South Alabama. I heard about USA when they came to my high school for college week, I then went to tour the campus and fell in love with it! I toured other colleges but nothing compared so I decided to apply. When I got my acceptance letter I knew USA was the place for me. My major interests are singing and acting, so I started off as a musical theatre major. In the middle of my second semester I had a change of heart. I still absolutely loved singing and acting, but I got to thinking about the future and what I really wanted to do with my life. I knew I did not want to move halfway across the country to either New York or California to pursue my career, so I started thinking about other options I had. I then started working at a church nursery with kids ages 3 to 4 and realized that I really love working with children and wanted to pursue a career where I could work with them, so after talking with quite a few people and praying about it I changed my major to elementary education.
     My family has a huge impact in my life. I have a dad, a mom, a sister named Allison, a brother named Chas and a sister-in-law named Lindsey. I also have two dogs and a cat back home in Birmingham. I've stayed in the same city my whole life so it was very difficult for me to move from Birmingham all the way to Mobile. I've managed to make friends with people at USA who are a positive influence in my life and help make Mobile my home away from home. Some of them are even the ones that helped with my decision on changing my major to elementary education. I decided to go into that field because I just love children and working with them. I would like to pursue my career in being a music teacher in an elementary school or a kindergarten teacher.

I have a passion for singing and playing the piano. It's is what I love to do in my free time!
This is me performing!

No comments:

Post a Comment