Sunday, November 24, 2013

Blog Post #14

Blog Post #14 What is it really like to be an elementary school teacher?

Read What It's Really Like to be an Elementary School Teacher and/or Confessions of an Elementary School Teacher. Summarize the challenges they faced/are facing as an elementary school teacher and put what challenges you think you will face as a teacher. Also, include what you think will be most rewarding.


Blog Post Example:

Teacher
In What It's Really Like to be an Elementary School Teacher, some of the challenges include the money, the kids, the paperwork, the parents, and the workload. Many people don't teach for the money because this isn't the type of job to do so. They teacher because they have a passion for it. In this article, it states that one teacher "stopped teaching for several years but missed the interactions with students." She stopped teaching to take a job with better pay. You don't make a lot of money and you dedicate a lot of your time for teaching, but most teachers wouldn't trade it for anything. The biggest challenge for many is the paperwork/workload. Teachers spend hours upon hours writing student assessments, creating independent education plans, and filling out mandated forms.
I think, as a teacher, some challenges I will face will most certainly be the money and the workload. I know that most elementary teachers don't get paid that much, but that's not why I want to be a teacher. I want to teach so I can educate children and watch them grow by my teachings. I want to watch my students make discoveries and, as it stated in What It's Really Like to be an Elementary School Teacher, watch "the light bulbs come on in kids’ eyes when they get it." I definitely think that will be the most rewarding part of being an elementary school teacher.

"A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment