Sunday, November 24, 2013

C4T #4, posts 1 and 2

All the Pieces Fit

Puzzle
In Elvira Deyamport's blog post, All the Pieces Fit, she talks about how they are in their All About Me Unit. This year, she decided to have them "either complete a puzzle piece or their own puzzle to show how all the pieces fit for them." For 2nd and 3rd grade, the puzzle pieces included preferred multiple intelligence, interests, and goals for the class. For 4th-6th grade, it included preferred multiple intelligence, preferred expression style, interests, goals for the class and career goals. She posted samples on her students puzzle pieces.
My Response

In my response, I told her that I really liked her puzzle piece activity and that I thought it was a great idea! I think it's great that they get to write out their own goals and, for the older ones, their career ideas.
Animal Research Poems

Cat
In Elvira Deyamport's Animal Research Poems, she talked about what they had been up to in her classroom. She explained that they had been focusing on endangered animals, but she felt that they needed a creative way to show what they learned. She chose to have them do poems and provided them with templates to get them started. She said that the poems "challenged my students to be flexible and figure out ways to incorporate different information about their animals in new and interesting ways." She told us that some of her students struggled with poems at first. She had them use Pages to display their poems.
My Response
In my response, I told her that I really liked how she used poems to bring out her students creative side and that it was such a great idea. I told her that I looked at some of her students poems that she posted and that I really enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment