Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4T #3, post 1 and 2

"Infographic: Modern Slavery"

”Modern
In Larry Ferlazzo's Infographic: Modern Slavery, he posted a photo that was about modern slavery all over the world. It stated that there was 29.8 million people living in modern slavery today. It said modern slavery consists of slavery(the condition of treating another person as if they were property), forced labor(work taken without consent, by threats or coercion) and human trafficking(people are brought through deception, threats or coercion, through slavery, forced labor, or other forms of severe exploitation). The photo then tells us the percentages throughout the world of slavery.
My Response
In my response, I stated how I think it’s crazy how many people don’t realize slavery still exists in the world. I became aware of human trafficking going on in the United States 3 or 4 years back and I was shocked. It’s unbelievable how much stuff that is going on in our country that we aren’t aware of.

”Larry
"This Year’s Shipment Of Stress Balls For Students Has Arrived!"
On Larry Ferlazzo's blog post This Year's Shipment Of Stress Balls For Students Has Arrived, he explains how every year he orders stress balls for students who have a lot of energy and self-control issues. He said that research shows that the clenching of muscles could be helpful for self control, so he gives them stress balls. He gives them to students after asking them to commit to not throwing the ball or giving it to another student. Usually, half of his students use it consistently and it is helpful. But, the other half break the rules which result in them having to turn it in.

My Response
In my response, I told Larry Ferlazzo that I think stress balls would be a great thing for students to have. That way, they can contain their energy and self-control. I told him that I thought it was cool that he thought of that because it's a very different approach.
”Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment